Tips for older people to help keep themselves safe.
- Be active in the community. Keep a network of support with friends, neighbours and family members.
- Keep in touch with community health workers, church or medical practitioner.
- Seek independent advice when making any changes to your financial or living arrangements
- Don't make decisions or sign documents until you have all the information you need.
- Write important numbers such as those of friends or the police on a card and leave this beside your bed.
- The first time abuse happens SEEK HELP. Left unattended, abuse does not go away on its own.